Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Morning Prayer (30-Dulcimer-Filled Years Spring Tour)

MONDAY, APRIL 19

The Karanja/Olson I-Group invited me to help plan and lead worship for Morning Prayer at Trinity Lutheran Seminary, my alma mater.  Apparently the seminary is abundantly equipped with students named "Sarah."  (Each one would greet me with, "Hi, I'm Sarah Number 88" or whatever number they chose.)  One joined me picking a mean guitar and the other on piano to help lead the congregation in singing.

The service music was chosen from several of my compositions and was performed acoustically.  Because of construction back-up on the major north-south freeway, I confounded my Australian GPS lady who kept urging me to turn to get back on the freeway as I wove my way on surface streets, angling my way through what became very familiar roads to the campus.

Following the worship service, with "I'll Fly Away" still echoing through the sanctuary, I led a conversation about composing for worship in general and demonstrations on both kinds of dulcimers for the Convocation hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment