Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Turn-Around for 2nd Tour


This was a very quick turn-around:  after the first tour of the summer, home for 2 days, then off with my spouse to southern Colorado for one wedding, back home, heading out again for a wedding on Oahu in Hawai’i.  Back for our daughter’s birthday, launder, count product and re-pack for the second tour.  I’m not complaining at all, I’m just saying.
 ....
Friday night dinner in downtown Lawrence at a very loud Free State room, great food and company, just a very loud room very full of very loud people, added to by a nice jazz trio: guitar, sax and bass.  This is a very good way to end a very long, solitary drive!
 ....
Joanne Hickey put together a tremendous weekend:  congregational workshop on music in worship (“Tuning into the Divine Echoes in our Soul”), afternoon Celtic workshop, evening concert and morning worship using a setting for the communion liturgy that I composed (“Christ Is Our Peace”, which I call the “blues, jazz, islands, grunge fiesta” setting.)

Once again, I am surprised by the temperate climate in Kansas in July.  Not at all the sauna-like oven I recall from  a dozen years in Kansas City.  

No comments:

Post a Comment