Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Travel Plans Interrupted...by Destiny

So here's the story:  

Last Thursday, after highway traffic delays, I arrived at the Denver airport last week and check in to learn that my plane was delayed by 20 minutes.  

Plenty of time!  

I saunter over to gate A39 and take a seat to catch up on some work.  

"Steve?!" 


I hear my name called by an old friend who sits down to catch up.  He celebrates serendipity and says that he's been meaning to call and schedule a music lesson for over a month.  He ends up booking a music lesson for the following week.  


We finish our conversation and I realize that his plane (from THIS gate) is going to a different California city than I am, so I go check the schedule board. 


Standing there, I realize that I am not only at the *wrong gate*, I'm in the *wrong terminal*!!  
I should be at C39.  I laugh at myself and haul my butt and my gear to the correct gate, in the correct terminal, in plenty of time for the flight.

When he arrives for the lesson tonight, I tell him the story and he laughs:  


"I'm sorry my destiny interrupted your travel plans!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow,you were pretty calm.I think I would have been a bit more stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story...sometimes life has something else in mind for us when we are on the way somewhere else ^_^!

    ReplyDelete