Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sometimes the Road Leads Home!

Sometimes the Road does lead home!  I was booked to play in Old Town Fort Collins for Streetmosphere to kick-off the Memorial Day weekend on Friday Night, but there was double-booking for a motorcycle rally.  The smart call was to recognize that the dulcet tones of the dulcimer would rarely be heard if in competition with revving Harleys.  So, I decided to change the venue and play a home game!



FiddleWhamdiddle scheduled a House Party instead at my home in Fort Collins.

Vi Wickam and I recorded this tune that I learned from Ken Bloom at the Western Carolina Dulcimer Week, in Cullowhee, NC several years ago.  Enjoy!

(This is part of Vi's year-long commitment to play and record a new fiddle tune each day throughout 2012.  You can sign-up and get them delivered to your email box every day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment