Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Starting the Spring 30-Dulcimer-Filled Years Tour (APRIL 15, 2010)


Up at 4:23am to meet the shuttle at the  Harmony transfer center, my first time to ride with GreenRide.  Smooth ride, smooth transitions as the sun rises over the broad expansive eastern prairie.
           
            Smooth flight on United, a helpful flight attendant volunteers to stow my mountain dulcimer in the forward closet.  (That’s the first time that’s happened on United!)  I am able to get some music tablature written in a different aisle-seat than my assigned-one, one which affords an empty seat between me and the window passenger.
 ....
            Toya, at Dollar Rental, is concerned that I’ll be driving a Ford Focus all the way back to Colorado and tells me a cautionary tale from her final compact car ride:  being pinned between an 18-wheel, semi-truck “who couldn’t see me!” and the New Jersey wall.  “They firefighters had to cut me out of the car.  I’m so glad to be here, because I might not have been.  All I got from that was a little bit of a limp and I’m grateful; and blessed!” 

            She has to work so isn’t able to come to the concert on Saturday but several times wished me to have a good one.  I promise to sing a song for her at the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment