Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Pepper Song

Here's a song that was inspired by one of those spontaneous statements from a child at one of the Early Childhood centers where I get to share folk music.

"I don't like Peppers!" was the exclamation, which sure sounded like the start of a new song...which is exactly what we proceeded to create.

And, true to form, the kids had lots of creative ideas, which of course lead to creative participation in both the song creation and performance.

Other children at other centers have embraced it as one of their favorites!

Here is the latest mix to come from my recording process as I work on a recording of music for the kids that I love to share music with.

The Pepper Song

As we started tracking, it started to head in a western, mariachi-style direction and Russ (KIVA RECORDS) coaxed me into bringing my trumpet in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment