Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

"off days" are ON!


6/15
Breakfast again!  This time some delicious biscuits and gravy at Mike’s in Kent, Ohio (famous Kent State student gathering place) with Chris Dawson and Aaron Fowler of JamPlay.  Great to finally meet them, sorry to miss Kevin, the other JamPlay bigwig, who decided to go to Africa and build houses for people instead!  (wise move)
 ....
Yesterday, a scenic trip north on I-77 in eastern Ohio took me to see my buddy, Dave, who had been stunned by a 50th birthday surprise gift—a motorcycle!  Last night we had to contemplate such love, generosity and sneakiness by sipping Glen Fiddich and smoking cigars at his home in Canton.  There was just no other response that seemed fitting!
 ....
Now I’m off to Columbus where, for the next three days, I’ll do some Live Question and Answers for JamPlay.com from a room at the seminary where I was once a student and from which I graduated nearly a quarter century ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment