Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Southeastern Ohio


Breakfast yesterday took me to the home of Deanna and Tim, friends I hadn’t seen since just after college in 1981, when I sang for their wedding! Then on to Columbus to help my nephew, Matt, celebrate his graduation from high school.
 ....
After an early drive from Bexley, today I offered music at Grace Lutheran Church in Thornville, Ohio, where Jeff Morlock is pastor.  Jeff lived in a house with a big porch at the end of my street where we grew up in Pemberville, Ohio.  He and I were the guitarists for a youth singing group we started called, Beloved.  He and his wife serve this congregation, which offered a very warm welcome and enthusiastically received both kinds of dulcimer music and my offering of “A Ship May Be Safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment