Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pickin' Porch


Held Masterclass workshops this morning and afternoon focusing on right and left-hand skills.  Did some recording of celtic tunes for “Another Jig Will Do” demo CD.  ....
 ....



Concert on the Pickin’ Porch, with huge attendance because of the annual “Christy” Festival.  (I had to be reminded about the popularity of Catherine Marshall’s book, Christy, which had been turned into a movie that was filmed IN TOWNSEND, and included one of the Clemmer’s daughters as an extra!)  The festival attracts attendees from across the country, and my performance on the Pickin’ Porch tonight is listed as one of the official events!  ....
 ....
Mike and Connie played Bowed Psaltery/Dulcimer duets, Mike picked his ban-jammer and they finished with a Courting Dulcimer duet.  Then I played my set…during Ferret Frolic, I noticed many people looking up into the trees over the stage. Later I learned that during that tune, (and only that tune!) the squirrels started frolicking like crazy overhead.  The rollicking finish to the set was a drone duet between dulcimer (Mike on ban-jammer and me on didjeridoo) on Old Joe Clark.  We’re not even sure that much fun is legal in 50 states!....

No comments:

Post a Comment